Monday, September 12, 2011

September 12, 2011--September 12th

I spent much of yesterday reliving 9/11/01 and have little left to feel or say.

I can't get the memory out of my mind of Flight 11 approaching the World Trade Center at nearly 500 MPH, swooping, it seemed, right over our top-floor terrace about a mile north of Ground Zero. Rona was out there that deceptively beautiful morning to check the weather, to see if we needed jackets before heading to work. For us it was as mundane as that.

One thing I do feel and need to say is that it is time to stop the memorializing and mourning and let the surviving families--and the rest of us--get on with our ever-changed lives.

I hope, I expect to return tomorrow with something of a different sort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home