Tuesday, February 28, 2012

February 28, 2012--Romney in Public; Palin in Private

Desperate to appear likable, not the poster child for the one percent, Mitt Romney, perhaps on the brink of losing today's Michigan primary, has taken to talking about his Michigan roots and to make himself look and feel like a regular guy.

You've heard about his liking for the trees in Michigan, but here is the full context, with all the appliquéd ya's and dropped g's:

I was born and raised here. I love this state. It seems right here. Trees are the right height. I like seein' the lakes. I love the lakes. There’s something very special here. The Great Lakes, but also all the little inland lakes that dot the parts of Michigan. I love cars. I grew up totally in love with cars. It used to be, in the fifties and sixties, if you showed me one square foot of almost any part of a car, I could tell you what brand it was, the model, and so forth. Now, with all the Japanese cars, I’m not quite so good at it. But I still know the American cars pretty well and drive a Mustang. I love cars. I love American cars. And long may they rule the world, let me tell ya.


In response to a Freedom of Information request, the State of Alaska last week released more than 17,000 emails that Sarah Palin either wrote or received during her last two years as Governor of Alaska. Most are routine, but a few reveal, as private emails often do, especially those that are dashed off, the "real" Sarah Palin.

"I'm just beat down on this one. I am tired. The opponents have succeeded on the drive towards our personal bankruptcy, and have divided my family,"

"One has to be single, wealthy, or corrupt to function in this political system."

"Any idea how they knew to find me at Fred Meyer [grocery store] yesterday while I sold Girl Scout cookies? The scout leaders wouldn't have told them."

"Would you [Tod] pray for our strength. And for God to totally turn things around. Enough is enough. May we see victories and feel His hand of mercy and grace."

And after learning about an impending ethics complaint, to adies she wrote--"Unflippinbelievable. I'm sending this because you can relate to the bullcrap continuation of the hell these people put the family through."


Who sounds more unflippinbelievably authentic? Romney or Palin? Not even close.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home