Tuesday, March 20, 2012

March 20, 2012--While Rick Santorum Applauded

At a rally last week in Baton Rouge, LA, Rick Santorum was introduced by Dennis Terry, pastor of the Greenwood Springs Baptist Church.

Not only did Santorum not denounce what he said, in a video of Terry's remarks, Santorum is seen standing and applauding.

Here is the pastor's rant:

I don’t care what the liberals say, I don’t care what the naysayers say, this country was founded as a Christian nation. The god of Abraham, the god of Isaac and the god of Jacob. There’s only one god, there’s only one god and his name is Jesus. (wild audience applause) I’m tired of people telling me that I can’t say those words. I’m tired of people telling us as Christians that we can’t voice our beliefs or we can’t no longer pray in public. I’m, listen to me, if you don’t li..love America and you don’t like the way we do things, I’ve got one thing to say, GET OUT (wild audience applause).
We don’t worship Buddha. I said we don’t worship Buddha. We don’t worship Mohammed. We don’t worship Allah. We worship god. We worship god’s son Jesus Christ.

I believe the church is to be the conscience of the nation. The church needs to be the conscience of our state and our local community. Listen closely. Now hold on for just a moment. As long as they continue to kill little babies in our mother’s womb, somebody’s got to take a stand and say, it’s not right. God be merciful to us as a nation. As long as sexual perversion is becoming normalized, somebody needs to stand up and say, god forgive us, god have mercy upon us. And as long as they continue to tell our children they cannot pray in public schools or pray in open, public places today, somebody’s got to take a stand and say, god forgive us, god have mercy upon us. As long as they continue to tear down traditional marriage. Listen. God intended for marriage to be between a man and a woman and as long as they continue to attack marriage, somebody needs to take a stand and say NO! NO! NO! NO! (crowd erupts in wild applause)

I tell you my friend, I believe that Christians in America are the key to revival. I believe that Christians in America is the key to the economy turning around. I believe that Christians in America is the key to the jobless rate continuing to go down. I believe it’s a spiritual thing. If we’ll put god back in America, put god back in our pulpits, put god back in our homes and in our State House and then in Washington D.C., then we can have revival in America and the holy spirit will show up and great and mighty things will happen for this country.

Thankfully, we do not have to worry about a Santorum presidency, but his candidacy is lifting the rock and we are getting to see who and what live beneath it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home