Thursday, July 26, 2012

July 26, 2012--Coming Attractions

I have been working on a novel made up of stories. This means that each chapter can be read on its own and that in the aggregate they constitute a novel.

My plan is to post them here each Friday for quite some time since there are a lot of them and some are long enough to be divided into two or even three parts so as not to overwhelm you, if you are inclined to read along with me.

The working title is "Dirty Jew Bastards!"

You need to trust me that this does not signal that it is an anti-Semitic tract. Rather it comes from the desperate cry of one of the characters, Jack Monahan, among the narrator's uncles, who feels (fairly) that he and his wife, Roslyn, have been family outcasts in large part because he is not Jewish and was never able to make a living. You should only know what the larger family says about them behind their backs. So, I suppose, though it is not pretty, fair is fair.

Perhaps the title is too upsetting and I will have to come up with an alternative. We'll see.

It will begin tomorrow morning with a Prologue--"Heshy's Complaint."

I hope you will take a look and let me know what you think.

And, oh, it is dedicated to Rona. Who else?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home