Tuesday, July 09, 2019

July 9, 2019--Trump's American History 101

In case you missed it, or perhaps decided to torture yourself by tuning into Trump's July 4th speech surrounded by tanks at the Lincoln Memorial, or perhaps you thought you were hallucinating when you heard him talking about our Revolutionary War airports, let me at least disabuse you of the latter--he did make mention of such airports and so you weren't having a delusional episode.

He in fact said: "Our [Revolutionary] army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over the airports, it did everything it had to do, and at Fort McHenry, under the rockets red glare, it had nothing but victory."

Oblivious, he mashed up the Revolutionary War, the War of 1812, and the Wright Brothers' first flight nearly a century later.

When Trump learned he had flunked History 101, as usual he blamed the mishap on something other than himself--it was raining and, he said, that knocked out the teleprompter.

To quote him, "I guess the rain knocked it out, but I knew the speech very well. So I was able to do it without a prompter."

About why you may have tuned in, you're on your own, as I confess I am.

But since you may have watched as I did, did you catch the performance of the "Marine Corps Hymn"?

In the background you could see Trump mouthing some of the words. Since I'm good at lipreading I can share with you what he was singing--


From the balls at Mar-a-Lago
To the shops at Tiffany's

I fight the New York Times

On the newsstand and TV

Who cares about rights and freedom
Or our democracy
As long as I don't have to serve
As a United States Marine



Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Annie123 said...

I am 71 and can not believe I have lived to see a DICTATOR in the WHITE HOUSE!! To see Open RACISM so EASILY DISPLAYED and No ONE IN THE WHITE HOUSE or Anywhere else Taking a STAND AGAINST THIS UGLINESS IS UN-FORGIVE-ABLE!! And Now tRUMP Wants to RE-Write the HISTORY of the UNITED STATS of AMERICA! To Remove All EVIDENCE of SLAVERY Starting with 1619 the Very Begins of Slavery in this Country. The 1776 STUDIES SHOWING HOW SYSTEMATIC RACISM IS REALLY SYSTEMATIC SLAVERY THAT HAS BEEN GOING ON IN THIS COUNTRY FOR OVER 400 YEARS! YES LINCOLN DID FREE THE SLAVES IN 1865, BUT WERE THEY FREE? ASK ANY BLACK MAN THAT QUESTION OR BROWN, RED, YELLOW MAN IN AMERICA THAT QUESTION! TRUMP WANTS TO MAKES AMERICA AS WHITE AS SNOW, HE LIVES BY HIS DADDY’S IDEOLOGUE: the Only GOOD MAN is A WHITE MAN! MEN Of COLOR are ONLY WORTH USING AS LONG AS YOU ARE GAINING SOMETHING FROM THEM! WHEN THAT PROFIT STOP, SO DOES THE RELATIONSHIP WITH PERSON OF COLOR! WITH TRUMP FASCISM IS ALIVE AND WELL! AND WITH THIS NEW RE-EDUCATION IT IS NAZIS GERMAN ALL OVER AGAIN!!! HOW DO WE WAKE UP AMERICA CITIZENS TO THIS “FASCISM” IN EVERYTHING COMING OUT OF THE WHITE HOUSE? Please help I don’t want to be forced into a re-education camp at my age, I well die and so well my husband. And so many more seniors well die too, because we can not be re-educated, we know to much! We we’ll continue to tell our grandchildren if we get the chance or anyone else too! You have a VERY POWERFUL VOICE THAT COULD BE USED TO GET THE WORD OUT THERE BE FOR IT IS TO LATE!! Thank You

September 19, 2020  
Blogger Annie123 said...

I am so sorry I wrote about something else. Yes I saw his rant and I was in dis- belief to the content he was talking about? What “AIRPORTS” and I thought O’boy my history must be RUSTY, that is not what I learned or remembered! But what was MORE FRIGHTENING IS TRUMP’S SHOW OF MILITARY POWER JUST LIKE HIS NEW FRIENDS!! That IS WHAT A DICTATOR DOES JUST BECAUSE HE CAN, THUMBING HIS WILL AT US AND THE WORLD AS IF TO SAY YOU CAN’T TOUCH ME, SEE MY TOYS? AND HE DID THIS IN FRONT OF THE “LINCOLN MEMORIAL” ! Is TRUMP SENDING A MESSAGE TO PEOPLE OF COLOR IN THIS COUNTRY THAT HE IS IN CHARGE? TRUMP IS ALWAYS SAYING HE HAS DONE MORE FOR THE BLACK PEOPLE THEN MAYBE EVEN “LINCOLN “?! I just find that the speech Trump made was so jumbled with information that is separated by 100’s of years, I can’t believe someone on the staff wrote it! It sounds more like something Trump may have Pen Himself?! So sorry I went of subject.

September 19, 2020  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home