Thursday, September 03, 2020

September 3, 2020--Couscous

Since late June we haven't been able to find any boxes of Near East couscous at our local food markets. It's one of our staples and we've been feeling frustrated. 

The absence of couscous has been a mystery. Couscous? We're in Maine, not Manhattan. It's hard to conjure that many Mainers craving this exotic grain. Frankly we've been surprised and delighted that it in the past has been so available. 

So, what's the story? In a pandemic running out of toilet paper I get, but couscous?

I finally figured it out thanks to our president. Yes, him. 

You ask what does he know from couscous? Fair question. He's more a Big Mac kind of guy. Not some effete sophisticate.

But lately he's been talking about supermarket items.

Here's what he said at a press gaggle on Tuesday about the rioting in Kenosha:
In cities across the nation, we've also seen police officers assaulted with bricks, rocks, bats, Molotov cocktails, frozen bottle of water. 
Somebody said last night, one of the protesters--I saw it--he said, "It's only water. How can water hurt you?" Yeah, they don't say it's frozen, in a bottle the size of a football. And they throw it at the police. It's unbelievable. It's water." 
And then they have cans of soup. Soup. And they throw the cans of soup. That's better than a brick because you can't throw a brick; it's too heavy. But a can of soup. You can really put some power into that, Right?
So that's what's been going on. Trump weaponized soup and couscous and the shelves are picked clean.

Also, at some point he referred to Campbell soup. Tomato soup. The kind, he said, Andy Warhol painted.

Trump? Andy Warhol? I've got to get a grip.





Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger dominguezmarta said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

September 04, 2020  
Blogger Samuel said...

My name is Samuel, I was in love with my wife and we were married for eight years with a son his is Liam,I loved my wife so much she had access to all my bank account and even my cash app which my accountant agreed to and said it was a great idea, then it took my wife and my accountant two month to get hold of all my properties,all accounts but I had a cash app which they knew nothing about,I was thrown out of my own house was sleeping in a hotel for weeks she also took possession of my son could only see him once a week then I found out she was in love with my accountant all these while so I went online and I came across a Russian private investigator who help me get all my properties and my accounts back even my company back how he did these I don’t know but I gave all the information he asked for and followed all his instructions and now I’m happy my life’s better now.
Thanks to premiumhackservices@gmail.com
I just said I should share my own story here
Thank you

April 15, 2021  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home