Monday, June 20, 2011

June 20, 2011--Planting

Planting on Sunday followed Tuesday's weeding.

I don't know about Rona yet--she's still sleeping it off--but I am riddled with aches and pains and can barely type. So this will be brief.

It is satisfying work, but isn't getting any easier as time accumulates.

We planted Cambridge Scarlet Bee Balm; Purple Cornflower; Munstead English Lavender; Kent Beauty Origanum; Pink Saucer Windflower (we have lots of wind by the bay); Georgia Blue Speedwell; and many Nanho Purple Butterfly Bushes, which should make the Monarchs of late summer very happy.

Fifty-seven in all. I dug the holes and Rona did the planting. Is it any wonder that I can barely walk? As I said, we'll see about Rona in an hour or so. But in her sleep, she is smiling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home