Tuesday, July 31, 2012

July 31, 2012--Carol & Alex


I sent Carol a copy of something I wrote about my mother. A piece about one of the Forest Trace "girls," Frieda who died last month.

Here's what wonderful, irrepressible Chryl wrote in return:

Hey Steve,

Imagine, 104 years old.... amazing! She is so blessed!
As always, it's great reading about your Mom and catching up with what's going on in her life. She truly is precious! 

My neighbor's boyfriends' 96-year-old mother has been staying with me since last Thursday and will spend the week before heading to a cabin in Rangley for another weeks visit with her brother. 


Truly, a character in her own right! She left Santa Fe, NM, where she lives, at 6:00 am and arrived here at 10:30 pm. After introductions and a brief house tour she was ready for bed. 


I made sure everything was just perfect but there was one thing missing. "Do you have a place for my leg?", she says! 

Hmmm... a leg stand, I must have one some where around here!!!! 

Off comes the prosthetic which she gingerly let hang from her walker,"This'll do." she says! "Nite, nite." I'm amazed at how "with it" she is! I consider it an honor to be with her and listen to her stories. Someday..... we might be there too!!!

Look forward to seeing you both soon. I'll be in touch!

Best,

Carol and [her dog] Alex

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home