Thursday, August 23, 2012

August 23, 2012--"Progressing a Positive Agenda"

We have finally heard what Sarah Palin thinks about Congressman Todd Akin. 

She told her employer, Fox News, that she too thinks he should quit the Missouri Senate race. But not like other Republicans because his comments about "legitimate rape" were offensive or outrageous, but because the former Alaska governor claims he's not extreme enough. He's too "status quo," says Palin, "and the status quo has got to go."

I think that even rhymes! 
As someone who left office halfway through her first term, she know about quitting and has some unsolicited advice for Akin:
Todd Akin has said he's not going to drop out, and bless his heart, I don't want to pile on Todd Akin, because in some respects I understand what he was trying to say here, in standing on principle that he doesn't want to be perceived as a quitter, but you gotta know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em. Believe me, I've walked before, and I know when you have to hold that mantle and then hand it to someone else in order to progress a positive agenda. That's what I had to do in Alaska.
Oh, how I miss her. She's so fun and has such a way with the English language.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home