Thursday, October 10, 2013

October 10, 2013--"I Just Want to See My Mother"

Dateline Any Day, BAGHDAD:

"A suicide bomber detonated a truck filled with explosives on the playground of an elementary school in northern Iraq on Sunday morning, killing 13 children and the headmaster, police said."

The report in the New York Times, beneath a modest headline and buried deep in the A-Section, went on:

"Many children who survived the attack were seriously wounded and were sent to larger, better-equipped hospitals in the Kurdistan region of Iraq for treatment, medical sources said."

The brief article concludes--

"'I don't remember what happened,' said a sobbing boy named Ali, who suffered wounds to his face and legs. 'I just want to see my mother.'"




Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home