Thursday, March 01, 2018

March 2, 2018--Rona Predicts

I like making predictions, Rona hates to. I like uncertainty, she likes things to be based more on facts. And so this morning when she said she had a prediction, I shut up to hear what was on her mind.

Hope Hicks.

We had been reading the WaPo story about why "Hope Hicks Resigning Matters."

She is the Trump whisperer, the only one, perhaps including daughter Ivanka, who can talk sense to him and thus her loss is a big deal to Trump and maybe even America.

At least that's the thrust of the Washington Post story.

"My prediction," Rona said, "is that she has no intention of leaving. She's upset that Trump is angry with her, maybe even yelled at her for confessing to a congressional committee that, for his benefit, she sometimes tells "white lies."

"Humm," I said.

"It's more like a lovers' quarrel. You have a disagreement, you have a fight, and one or the other packs a bag and threatens to leave."

"Sounds a little familiar," I said.

"It's more a threat than a plan. So expect to see her remaining in the White House, sulking and pouting, until he makes it up to her. A traditional guy Trump's age might think that flowers or chocolates would do the trick, but I suspect Hope will want something more. What that might be I wouldn't begin to know, but a box of Godivas for a 29-year-old who barely eats so she can remain model thin won't get the job done. You can predict what might work," Rona said, "But I'm predicting she's not going anywhere. Notice, she didn't resign. She said she plans to resign. That's very different." 

And then added, "Mark it down. You heard it here first."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home