Thursday, April 09, 2020

April 9, 2020--Birds Behind the Barn

My friend John Allan, from up in Bristol Maine, sent me this after a long call Tuesday morning--

Glad to hear you're settled in and prepared for the duration. 

I've assembled a library of books "to read sometime" and so has Boodie. We're set for months. 

Not set so much on squaring our time with daily news. 

Mask? No mask? Schoolwork for grandchildren or not to worry? 

Hoping I don't forget to listen to the birds behind the barn when the sun rises.

And how about that full moon last night! It was so impressive I took a selfie of me with it over my shoulder in the back field. 

OK, so I'm stretching my desire for some normalcy but can 
you blame me? 

What do I tell these grandkids when they look at me with concern about this unsettling turn of events. I can see the fear in their faces. I wonder, despite offering comforting words of assurance, whether I have won any confidence with them at all. 

So, on a brighter note, the granddaughters and I went to Pemaquid Point Lighthouse after our phone call and collected flat, smooth rocks to paint in cheerful colors which we'll bring back there and hide hoping to surprise and delight someone. You just never know what might bring someone solace and comfort in these crazy times. 

Hope your friend has a successful recovery from surgery. 

Sorry we missed speaking with Rona.

Stay safe.

John


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home