Wednesday, March 26, 2014

March 26, 2014--Political Celebrities

I was thinking the other day that one of the very few benefits of being a progressive is that liberal entertainers are much better and cooler than conservative ones.

Who, for example, would prefer Tom Selleck to Matt Damon? Or (an easy one) Ted Nugent to The Boss?

But then I did a little more Googling and I'm not so sure.

Democratic supporters include--

Demi Moore
Jack Nicholson
Regis Philbin
Hugh Hefner
Jerry Springer
Paula Deen
Hulk Hogan

I like the Hulkster, but Paula Deen's a Democrat? That's just too much.

So, I took a closer look at the roster of GOP supporters, thinking maybe there are a few less-than-75-year-old white guys on the list. In fact, there are some--

Kid Rock
Susan Lucci
Britney Spears
Sylvester Stallone
Larry the Cable Guy
Meatloaf

But then there's Pat Boone, who's at least 100 and very white. And, equally ancient and Caucasian, Clint Eastwood of the empty stool.

Some say Taylor Swift's a Republican, and I suppose that counts for something. Though her singing sounds pitchy to me.

On the other hand, a still prominent liberal to be endured is Babra Streisand.

Life can be so complicated.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home