Wednesday, August 14, 2013

August 14, 2013--Dog Days

During the dog days of summer, one friend's dog is doing very well indeed.

While his owners were away for a long weekend, Fido (not his real name) was being taken care of poshly by City Pooch (not its real name).

But the following from "Marco" of City Pooch is unredacted--
Dear Diane & Dave [not their real names]:  
It was really great meeting you both (and Fido!) yesterday. I can tell that he is very well looked after. Especially as he was chilling on the couch next to me, dozing off. It's a hard life for Fido, huh? :-) 
To recap this weekend's services:  
Thurs Aug 1 - PM: you will bring Fido and his accoutrements to my place, 1223 Bedford Avenue. If you have time, I can show you around the apartment and the yard. On Thursday night, I'll give him dinner and his PM walk. He will, of course, sleep with me. :-) 
Fri Aug 2 - Tuesday Aug 6: I'll be giving Fido his morning walk, breakfast, a vigorous period of mid--day fun (running with me, playing fetch in the yard, taking long walks with me) - my goal is to wear him out. He'll get dinner and a PM walk, then bed around 10-11 PM.  (He will of course sleep with me.)
Tues Aug 6 - AM: you'll be coming by at some point in the earlier part of the day to pick Fido up. We can text coordinate the time for that. 
For pics and videos:  
1. You can follow my Instagram account "dogs&cats" where all the photos of Fido will be streaming. I will also be texting you the best pics.  
2. Videos, I will email to you both on a regular basis (about 1-2 vids per day) 
As for future daytime walk needs, just let me know. I can walk Fido myself sporadically until you need a full time walker, at which point I will set you up with an accredited, bonded, insured person who I trust, and who has received solid client feedback.  
I have agreed to discount you for the Fido service this time to a flat $400.  
Please confirm we're a go, and I look forward to spoiling Fido at my place beginning Thursday! 
Who do you think had the better weekend? 
Diane and Dave stuck in stop-and-go Hamptons' traffic? Or Fido, sleeping with Marco in ultra-hip Williamsburg?

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home