Thursday, December 06, 2018

December 6, 2018--RIP #41

I spent most of yesterday watching everything I could find about George H. W. Bush and of course took in every minute of his funeral service.

After Jon Meacham's moving and amusing eulogy, with all four living presidents seated before him in the first row, when it appeared that Trump was paying attention, Rona said, "I generally don't believe in miracles--in fact I don't--but wouldn't it be wonderful if after what Meacham and others are said about Bush 41's life Trump, while still living, had a version of a deathbed conversion and vowed that for his remaining days--which could be relatively few--he would assume the semblance of a normal president?"

As stirred as I was by the stories about Bush's character and overcome by similar thoughts about his example as president and human being, I said, "Sadly I don't think that God has the power to perform such a miracle. It's too big even for him." 

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home