Monday, June 14, 2021

June 14, 2021---No More Skunks

"Enough with the skunks already," George complained. 

"How many times have you posted and reposted that story about the guy who cleans up the road whenever a skunk becomes roadkill?"

"A few times," I said averting my eyes.

"I get it. It's a good story, and you're having trouble coming up with new material. But skunks? Surely you can do better than that. If you're going to repeat stuff why don't you post the story about the local Maine dump or the one about you and Babe Ruth. Those are great stories and can stand to be republished."

"I think I posted them five times each. But you're right I'm a bit out of material since Trump became an ex-president. And then I have this tremor that makes it hard for me to type."

"Whatever you do, stay away from skunks. You know I read all your stuff. As a result Fran says I'm even beginning to smell like one and . . . You get my point."

"I was thinking of conjuring Jack for a piece I'm tentatively calling 'Jack May Be Back.'" I smiled at George.

"More Jack? God help us. Between Jack or skunks. I think I prefer cyanide." 




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home